This is part 3 of Makoto's Takoyaki Tutorial
(How to Turn Takoyaki into Crisp-Shelled Balls)
1. Use picks to divide semi-cooked batter on the plate between the holes. Push batter edges over the hole.
2. Gently turn each takoyaki into a ball by getting the picks between plate and ball and using a lifting-flicking-rolling motion.
3. Repeat steps 1-2 for each takoyaki.
4. Go over the plate again incorporating any loose bits into the balls, turning the balls again.
5. When all your takoyaki are ball-shaped, pour a drizzle of oil onto the hotplate in-between the takoyaki - enough that the oil goes into the holes under the takoyaki. This makes the surface of the takoyaki crispy as they actually fry in the oil. Keep turning balls until they are crispy and golden.
6. Serve immediately topped with Takoyaki Sauce and things such as: Japanese Mayonnaise, Ao-nori, Katsuo-bushi and Ao-negi (Finely sliced green shallots)
初めClick here for: Ingredients (Part 1)
Here are some things you can use to make Takoyaki:
(Amazon.com Shipping rates are good for United States customers only. Australian and International Shipping is a little pricey so if you're not in the US you may want to shop elsewhere)